$65.04 / 750mL
2015 Blanc de Blancs
Hand-harvested from a single block of Lightfoot Home Farm Chardonnay in Wolfville, Nova Scotia; grown on the shores of the Minas Basin, an inlet of the Bay of Fundy, where hilly slopes extend the frost free period and provide excellent exposure. Natural airflow and incessant saltwater breezes off the basin provide an important moderating effect, especially critical during the winter months when temperatures dip below freezing.
Throughout the growing season, these same cool breezes slow ripening, extending the hang times of our fruit. This microclimate creates balanced, full-flavoured grapes that tend to have relatively low sugar content, yet full phenolic maturity and beautifully retained natural acidities. The ultimate result is wines that are firmly rooted in a distinct sense of place, characterized by vibrancy, freshness, finesse, and a brilliance and clarity of flavour indicative of very cool climate regions.
55% of this cuvée was harvested on the 12th of October with primary fermentation and partial malolactic conversion taking place in two neutral French oak barriques. The remaining 45% was harvested on the 26th of October with primary fermentation taking place in stainless steel, followed by four months aging in neutral French oak. Bottled for secondary fermentation on the 16th of September 2016 and aged 68 months on lees. Disgorged on the 25th of May 2022 with a 4 g/L dosage.
- Varietal Composition
- 100% Chardonnay
- Total Acidity
- 10.8 g/L
- 4 g/L
- 102 cases (6 x 750 mL)
Pale gold in the glass. Gently complex nose with ebullient aromatics; notes of lemon-apple meringue and toasted almond, with hints at buttered toast. Vibrant and precise with a mid-palate lusciousness and distinct mineral streak.
Pairing suggestions include creamed mushrooms on toast, fried foods such as chicken or calamari, butter sauces and shellfish.
Serving Temperature: 8-10°C
Recommended Drinking: 2022-2030